Privacy Information for State Government
Topics on this page
This page provides resources for California state government agencies on privacy practices and policies for protecting personal information.
- State Employee Privacy Training
- Privacy Inventory and Data Classification
- Security Breach Reporting and Notification Requirements for State Agencies
State Employee Privacy Training
Protecting Privacy in State Government, Basic Training for State Employees
Privacy Inventory and Data Classification
Data Classification and Privacy Inventory
These materials were provided to departmental Information Security Officers and others at workshops conducted in November 2005.
Security Breach Reporting and Notification
Security Breach Reporting and Notification Requirements for State Agencies
- Security Incident Reporting Steps - California Information Security Office
- SIMM 5340C – Requirements to Respond to Incidents Involving a Breach of Personal Information (pdf, 1mb)
- Appendix A – Breach Response and Notification Assessment Checklist (.doc, 230k)
- Appendix B – Sample Breach Notice: Social Security Number Only (.doc, 33k)
- Appendix C – Sample Breach Notice: Driver’s License or California ID Card Number Only (.doc, 30k)
- Appendix D – Sample Breach Notice: Credit Card or Financial Account Number Only (.doc, 29k)
- Appendix E – Sample Breach Notice: Medical Information Only (.doc, 31k)
- Appendix F – Sample Breach Notice: Health Insurance Information Only (.doc, 32k)
- Appendix G – Sample Breach Notice: Hybrid for SSN and Health Information (.doc, 33k)
The California Office of Information Security (Office) web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. The information provided at these sites does not reflect the views of this Office or indicate an endorsement of a particular company or product. Please be aware that our Office is not responsible for the security and privacy practices of such other sites.